Friday, August 25, 2006

Finding an apt. - Great Task ahead....

For last few days, I have been getting up early in morning...getting the newspaper and reading all the classifieds regarding rent of an apt. Most of the time, the apt. classifieds are old coz whenever I used to call up they would reply back saying it has already been rented.

The othe way that my friend told me was to go street by street and see for the FOR RENT signs and then call up them or go search sites like craigslist.com or sulekha.com. Initially the street by street seemed good idea but as we roamed about the streets of Harrisson, NJ I came to know that it wasnt really good idea....not at all infact..coz streets here are like to long and everything is divided into blocks. Very organised but very long and big streets pattern. So moved onto the internet side of things...we saw craigslist and sulekha for two days approx. but to our bad luck we did not find good apt. Apartments in harrisson are much more larger and much more cleaner than apt. in Jersey City. But the major advantage that Jersey City has for Indians is the indian market and journal square station.

After consulting with lot of friends, I came to know that one of my college time seniors had an apt. which had room for 4 more people. We went to see the apt. yesterday. Location wise is preety awesome place to stay. Although the apt. is little tacky, still its livable...

We gonna finalise the deal today and hopefully move into it by 1st of september. After this episode gets over I would shift my attention in getting a good on-campus job.

No comments: