Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Da Losing Battle - Da Vinci Code Debate

This is too much for me to handle. The latest in trend of protesting come the BAN against screening of Da Vinci Code movie. The so called Christian Community writing letters to Information and Broadcasting ministry to stop screening Da Vinci Code in Indian theatres.

For as far as I know, after reading Da Vinci Code, I did not feel that it had any harm and anything close to being harmfull to christianity as a religion. Although, it terms Jesus being a married man and having bloodline to this date too. The book itself terms the events as work of Fiction then whats the problem with Indian Christian, the film is being screened across the US where their are 90% christians. From this I can jump to only one conclusion, some top authority in christian world just wants to show that they still should be considered a force to be accounted for and just want to get share of limelight.

According to me, this people are themselves betraying the basic principals of Chrisitianity. For christianity stands for tolerance, believes more in belief then imposing or protesting. It believes in coverting then banning. Thats the true meaning of Christian and its sons.

If the screening of Da Vinci Code goes accordingly and no ban is imposed, I would be surely one happy chap and still believe I live in secular country.

No comments: